Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Everything happens for a reason

Funny how things change quickly in life. Like, 2 days before my wedding deciding not to move to New Jersey. That happened pretty suddenly. And now my brother is moving away. That happened REALLY suddenly.

It will be very weird not to have Phillip nearby. Tomorrow, he and his wife Alyssa are moving to Texas. A week ago, I would never have even imagined that they wouldn't be here when their baby is born in October. Let alone next week for the Fourth of July. Even though we've been apart before, I am always the one who leaves. He's always here when I come back. Now he won't be. I don't know if it's quite hit me yet. I love moving around and going to new places, but I am always the leaving, never the left. I don't like being the "left."

In light of this new situation, a few things have happened. Diego and I will be "inheriting" Phillip's new used car, a 2007 Hyundai Sonata. That means our search for a car is finally at an end. Just think, if we had been approved for the loan, we wouldn't have been able to help Phillip out with his car. Interesting how things happen.
So much for double dates...maybe we'll move to Texas too :)

Diego and I are still in the basement of my parents' house. We might be there for a while. I mounted some framed pictures of our wedding and a mirror in our room, along with a nice wall decoration someone gave us as a gift. I'm proud of my self for mastering a power screwdriver. Haha. It feels a little more like a home now. Phillip and Alyssa left us their old DVD player, so now we can even watch movies together in our basement "apartment." We bought an awesome 3 compartment laundry basket, with an ironing table on top. Unfortunately for Diego, I am terrible with an iron. Fortunately for Diego, he served a mission and always ironed his own shirts. :)

Any suggestions on how to make our basement more "home-y"?


No comments:

Post a Comment