Sunday, April 28, 2013

The End of a Chapter

Last Friday was the last day of my internship with the Family History Department of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It has been the most marvelous experience, and I wanted to write about the miracle that it has been in my life.

Around this time last year, I thought my life was going to be quite different than it has actually turned out. I was finishing up school and I had a possible job offer with Teach for America in New Jersey, starting in June. I was also waiting for Diego to get his Visa so he could get here on time for our wedding. 

In order to start saving some money, I started look for temp jobs on the internet. I applied to various jobs with the Church and other places. A few weeks later I received a call from the Church for an interview with the Family History Department, a position I hadn't applied for. I'm not sure exactly how they got my resume, but since it was the only interview I had been called in for, I was pleased to go. 

The interview went well, and about a week later, I was offered the position as an intern. I started April 23, 2012. 

Just a few blessings that have come from this internship:

  • I didn't end up graduating when I thought I would, didn't take the job in New Jersey, and would have been unemployed and looking for a job and newly married.
  • This internship has financially supported both my husband and I for the last year.
  • I have learned sooo much about Family History and the resources that our available. I've found various ancestors in my line that I never would have found had I not been working for the FHD. 
  • I have worked with the most amazing people from all over the world. My team consisted of people from Brazil, Italy, Russia, Ukraine, Chile, China, Latvia, and many other countries. I've learned so much from them and been so enriched culturally and spiritually. The atmosphere in the Church Office Building is absolutely amazing. 
I'm so grateful that things work out the way they are supposed to, even when they aren't the way that we've planned. Now this chapter is ending and another is beginning. Sometimes I worry that I don't have a good enough plan, that all I know is that my baby is going to come and that's about all I know. But I know that the LORD has a plan for me, and if I trust Him, things will work out, just like they have all my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment