Thursday, June 5, 2014

"Lord, show thyself unto me"

The other night I was reading my scriptures, and I had an "aha" moment. Sometimes there are verses that jump from the pages, and this was one of them.

I was reading about the Brother of Jared and a conversation he was having with the Lord. This prophet asked Christ to touch some stones that he had brought down from the mountain so that they wouldn't have to be in darkness while crossing the sea. When Christ touched the stones, the brother of Jared saw His finger.


Christ then explained to the brother of Jared that it was because of his faith that he was able to see His finger. He then asked the brother of Jared if he had seen more than His finger, to which the brother of Jared replied,

"Nay; Lord, show thyself unto me."

It was that verse that jumped from the page.

I think it is because as I read it, I could hear my own voice saying those words.

Some days are tough. Especially lately. And at the end of the day, when the baby is sleeping and I'm alone in my room, I want to say,

"Lord, show thyself unto me."

It's more of a humble plea. Show thyself unto me. Let me know that you are there.

I don't expect Him to appear in my room by any means. I just want to know He's there, that He is listening. And He is. In one way or another, He always shows himself.

It can be an unexpected message from a friend, or a sweet hug from my baby. Or like tonight, as I'm writing this post, it can be a strong burning feeling that makes me shed tears. I know that He is there, and that He loves me.

2 comments:

  1. Those tears of comfort are some of the strangest but most wonderful tears! He does love you and adore you, never lose faith that He is there for you...

    ReplyDelete