Thursday, April 10, 2014

So, I'm writing a book...

Ever since I was little I dreamed about being an author. I have several file boxes full of stories that I wrote when I was a child. I also have files upon files saved on various computers. The problem is, I have a ton of awesome ideas, but never actually dedicate myself enough to see them through. I think the longest "book" I've ever written was about 50 pages, and it wasn't even finished.


Before Diego left he told me he thought I should work on writing while he was gone. So that's what I've been doing. I'm still not very far along. I have so many ideas that I can't get them out on the page fast enough. But at the same time, I am finding it hard to keep myself motivated. I wish I could just hook up some wires to my imagination, plug that into the computer, and let it do all the work for me. At night, I dream about my story as if it were a movie. I know if I could just focus, it would turn out to be a pretty good book. (If I do say so myself...)

I have a lot of other friends who also write, and I wanted to know if they had any tips on how to stick with a story and see it through to the end. Anyone?

P.S. If anyone wants to be my guinea pig and read parts of my drafts as I go, I would LOVE some feedback!



No comments:

Post a Comment