Sunday, April 6, 2014

Tonight I Fell In Love Again

There have been some hard nights since Diego left. Tonight was one of them.

I'm a hyper-sensitive person, and it seems that I can get myself into a state of depression, or rather, just a state of "bla" over the smallest things. It could be something I see on the newsfeed of my Facebook, or a random comment by a sibling, or even just an unpleasant memory that pops into my head for no reason. Or it could be the culmination of all of the above. The point is, I was in a state of really awful "bla" tonight.

I tried to shake it by re-listening to some conference talks. Then I tried to do some Family History work. I wrote a letter to Diego. But nothing I did seemed to work. I felt absolutely "bla" and nothing was going to make it better.

Then I decided to check Diego's email. I've been checking his email and Facebook every once in a while since he's been gone just to make sure that he's not missing anything important. Out of curiosity, I decided to see how far back his messages went. The oldest message goes back to 2010 and guess who it's from.

For those who don't know, Diego and I met on our mission. He left 8 months before me, and wrote to me every week until I got home. (I had permission from my mission president to write him to, all you nay-sayers, haha.)



So tonight I started to read our emails back and forth to each other. I spent 2 hours reading, and I'm still not done. But I'm out of my "bla" mood. And I've completely fallen for that cute Peruvian elder from my mission all over again. With every email I read, I remembered what an amazing man Diego is, and why I wanted to even write back to him in the first place.

Today Elder Ballard talked about his being "persistent" when courting his future wife. Well, Diego was very persistent, and I am so grateful for it. He is my best friend. And now we get to be together for all eternity.

I guess I'm just writing this post because I miss him, and writing about him seems to be a good outlet for emotion.

Wives, don't take your husbands for granted. And if you are feeling sometimes like they are hard to love, remind yourselves why you fell in love with them in the first place! And that goes for the husbands, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment