Thursday, April 24, 2014

Hannah's Beat Depression Boot Camp: Midterm Evaluation


Diego has now been gone longer than he has left in Basic Training! Yay! Only 34 more days until I get to hug him!

To celebrate this fact, and to put off doing other more important things that I should probably be doing, I'm going to do a mid-term evaluation of my Beat Depression Boot Camp goals.

1. Read my scriptures and pray sincerely every day.
        This has helped so much while Diego has been gone! I have immensely blessed every day, and I know that Heavenly Father really gives help and strength to those who ask for it.

2. Finish the Book of Mormon in Portuguese (I have less that half way to go!)
       I'm in 3 Nephi. I still have a while, but I'll probably need to step up my daily reading.

3. Read to Lucia every day
      I haven't been super good at this one. Although, we do normally watch videos of Diego reading to Lucia (which I totally count!) and we spend a lot of time learning silly children's songs.

4. Keep my surroundings clean and orderly
     I've been doing pretty good at this one. It helps when I have people over, which forces me to clean up!

5. Exercise Monday through Friday (Zumba maybe??)
      Oh yeah....um...I was doing good there for a while, and the last couple of days I haven't been. I need to pick it up so I don't look like such a wimp next to my ripped Army soldier. :)

6. Learn how to cook something new every week
        I've been doing this goal every week (except the first when my parents were in Texas and I had no one to cook for.)





I don't know why I didn't take a picture of week 2, but it turned out really good!

So, I think I'm doing pretty well on my goals. And I think that they have definitely helped me with my depression. Out of the 39 days that Diego has been gone, I've been depressed maybe 2. And not for very long, either. On the contrary, I have been very happy. I am loving life.

I have come to appreciate my husband so much more. I miss him, but I think that this has been one of the best things for our marriage because I remember how much I need him in my life. Also, his last bit of advice about making goals has been a huge help.

So bring on the next 34 days! I'm ready for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment