Thursday, May 15, 2014

One Year Ago

One year ago today, I was in the hospital.

I had the most amazing experience. I remember working slowly through pain, pain that was bringing an incredible blessing into my life.

After more than 16 hours of labor, my sweet Lucia Belén decided to join us here. As she cried, all I wanted to do was comfort her and let her know that I was there for her, and I always would be.

It was love at first sight.

She had a full mess of dark hair and her daddy's face.

A year ago today, I became a mom.



It has been an exhilarating ride so far. There have been some bumps and bruises, some sick days and sad days. But mostly there has just been so much happiness. More happiness than I ever could have imagined.

Some people joke that I take way too many pictures. Ha! And those are just the ones you see on Facebook.

The truth is, I wish I could have it all recorded. Every smile, every coo, every little word, wink, and wiggle. I sure hope in heaven there is a replay button, because there are little tender moments that I want to experience again and again.

Here's to many more years filled with learning, growing, laughing, and love.

Happy Birthday my Lucia. Te amo.


No comments:

Post a Comment